December 28, 2008

Uniquely Singapore not!

It was probably an uniquely Singapore SBS Transit experience. The bus captain who stopped for us looks as though he is an Indian mafia off Bollywood. He had his bandanna and dark glasses on. He stopped a few bus stops later to get off the vehicle. When he got back onto the ride, I commented that with such persona, he'd the walk to match a gangsta's in a MTV. Seriously peeps, he is definitely not like any common friendly bus captains we see. Along the expressway, he blasted the music. Phil says it's in Tamil and I figured it's some hip hop hit. He horned not once, but thrice! That is no thanks to his dangerous driving and not the smooth-flowing traffic. I was visibly irritated. I put away my papers and stored the bus number. Not hard to guess, I shot my negative feedback already. To be exact I'm updating this blog right after the email.

Got off the bus service 24 and made our way to Terminal 2 to have dinner at Fish & co. Put on the heels I got the other day for a test drive. The heels made me almost as tall as Phil. So happy to be that height I always wanted to be. Heels with sweet looking pedicure give the sexy effect. They also remind me to keep my back straight. I tend to have a lazy postures when I'm in my flip flops.



Phil was concerned about my hurting feet. I'd a slight abrasion and I lost a butterfly. It probably flew away while we were happily drowning the Sharkie Freeze and whacking our seafood platter for two. Or perhaps that butterfly flew towards Mickey & Minnie who were taking pictures with a whole lot of people from the long queue we saw. I'd have gotten onto the stage to hug Mickey if only I brought my cammy along. Phil says we'd go Tokyo Disneyland. Our bill gave us a chance to try our luck to win two tickets to go Japan. Let's see if we are really that lucky!

We caught another movie after dinner at our usual haunt. We just wanted to enjoy the air con and not walking so much. Phil got the tickets and told me he decided to watch 'Australia' cos it's a romantic story and I love such shows. It's actually a romantic action-adventure set in northern Australia prior to World War II. Nicole Kidman has given such a darling performance, bringing together a sense of femininity and class but with such austerity. She plays Lady Sarah Ashley who is desperate in wanting the 'creamy' Nullah to be a part of her family. Brandon Walters plays the young aboriginal half-caste boy, Nullah displaying determinedly reverent respect to the indigenous culture. Hugh Jackman looks absolutely delectable as the nameless drover. The Australian scenery is such a beauty. I felt compensated for the movie which was a lil too long to our liking.

No comments: