December 21, 2008

if love is about taking turns to be grumpy, i definitely love you, Phil

Sunny Saturday spells Sentosa fun with Phil. We joined in the long queue at Vivocity to get the monorail tickets. Somehow cos I've my coffee fix from Starbucks which he got me, i did not mind the wait even after realising we'd have gotten them from machines way earlier. Happy thoughts fill my mind cos I'd be headed for Singapore Underwater world and the Dolphin Lagoon. After another wait which got my usually patient Phil frowning, we got the tickets at $16 each, that's 30% off for DBS Cards. It was almost 5pm so we were told to catch the dolphins' show beginning at 5.30pm. There was yet another queue. Welcome to Singapore, dear tourists. The red line bus'd bring us to the Dolphin Lagoon within the next 30minutes which includes the waiting time. My man started his day by waiting for me to get off work and spending the rest of it waiting. He was one grump. I'm sure you'd tell from the following picture.





The dolphins were amazingly adorable. Nice performances which I enjoyed thoughout thanks to my shades. The heat'd effects on us. Occasional obstructions caused my man and myself to shout at humans in front of us. It's really irritating to see people holding up an unopened umbrella, bills and even brochures which they inconsiderately used to shelter themselves from the sun. They'd have just sat under the tentage if they mind the sunny glares or accessorise themselves with sunnies like mine!





A quick change of attire and we took a walk to Palawan Beach.







Made our way to discover the Underwater World
soon after lovely cam whoring sessions on the beach.









Minding my own business and being happy going "Fishie.." , someone I thought who looked familiar said " hi! " Moments ago, I told Phil that he'd be a regular customer in Tampines cos he'd that familiar look. When that man tried to confirm his and my uncertainties, he went " Are you from PA? " THRICE. I ended our conversation quick with "Oh when I saw you at the entrance I thought you were a familiar face. I'm NOT from PA." He went away with his recording. Phil and I continued to cam whore. I thought for a while if he is not my customer, he'd be from FB. Then again I won't bother to figure him out. The oceanarium has a lot more to keep me amused.

Happy to see the Dugongs which I felt that these enormous vegetarians are somewhat like mermaids. Dugongs are related to manatees and are similar in appearance and behavior— though the Dugong's tail is fluked like a whale's. Dugongs graze on underwater grasses day and night, rooting for them with their bristled, sensitive snouts and chomping them with their rough lips.These mammals can stay underwater for six minutes before surfacing. They sometimes breathe by "standing" on their tail with their heads above water. I didn't get the mermaid feel while watching them though. Notice I'd changed into my dress for another round of snaps before we head for town? =)





As I mentioned, we went to town to complete the touristy adventure. We Hop On the TOPless HiPPO and take in this festive cheer as we cruise down Orchard Road on a special Christmas Light-Up Tour.





This year, Singapore is lighting up Christmas with a candy theme. "A Sweet Christmas in Singapore" decorates Orchard Road with the illuminated adventures of "the Sweet Family".
As a result of the Sweet Family's arrival, Singapore's shopping and business district has been re-created into a glowing candy fantasy-land, complete with candy cane street lamps, gumdrops, and cupcake houses. The traditional Christmas Light-Up is supplemented with Sweet Family activities in the Orchard Road area.










The ride was a breezy one. $10 per Adult. Considering to bring family take this ride this Christmas eve where this promotion will be available till midnight. We started our candyland exploration from snowy Tanglin Mall and it ended with a fireworks display at Heeren. I'm talking about decorations here. I'd have more fun if only I wasn't getting grumpy from hunger.

If love is about taking turns to be grumpy, I definitely love you, Phil.

No comments: