August 6, 2011

Single; married to work.

My manager asked me earlier if I go out on dates after work or during the weekends. When I said I don't, she was really quick to add "but you are pretty, how can that be?!" After a while, she came back to me and commented that "relationships involve feelings. It's better off not getting hurt." This coming from a single woman in her mid 50s. She spends her weekends doing housework and going over to her siblings' place or watch movies with friends if boredom sets in. This lady does weekly yoga. That is why every Thursday, we'd get to leave the office earlier. Looking at her devoting her time in work definitely made me wonder if she has no life! To each, his own. No love life doesn't mean no life. She celebrates life as a happy woman and keeping fit.

She may have been misunderstood by many. She is a workaholic; yes but she always believe that we are paid to do our job. As a manager, she needs to manage not just daily work operations. She needs to motivate her staff. Work is always crazy. Even having served more than thirty years of loyalty to the company, she did look back sometimes and laugh at how she dealt with all the expectations. I am her assistant and it is good to truly know that I am working with someone who takes her work seriously and willing to guide. I left the office wondering if I'd end up like her. Single, married to work? I rather not.

1 comment:

Resutsushon said...

Hah! How i wish L O V E is that simple... dont any singles out there. work itself is already stressful, overloaded & complex at times... to meet someone who understands the meaning of "WORK" & not clingy is already a blessing.