June 6, 2008

retreat

Aerial view from Thai Airways

Frequent spot to key drop at the lobby of Bangkok City Inn

My inedible birthday cake where i celebrated my 26th at Dreamworld


I'd a birthday retreat in Bangkok. Didn't enjoy it as much as i was hoping to. I'm not into night markets. I've never been used to bargaining and felt it's somewhat weird to bring the prices even lower when it's cheap. I preferred air-conditioned shopping malls. I bought 10 bags, 6 tops, some accessories, postcards which i regard as a donation and a pair of shorts. Initially I want to get lingerie, which my close buddies would know that's my favourite department. =P I did a quick Maths and decided GSS would get me those and i need not put additional weight to my pregnant back pack. I was about to regret about not buying any shoes but... when I got home I realised I'd 4 new pairs which I hid from impulsive buying sometime back. Oh well, I'm sure everyone's such experience!? The locals kept speaking in Thai and I seriously had no freaking idea it'd get me irritated. I was cranky too cos food available wasn't to my liking. Food was my three bowls of instant noodles and the seafood platter at the Manhattan Fish Market. Oh yes, not forgetting the tom yam soup from the food court in MBK which was nicer than edible. Being away from my loved ones laced me with emotions. Mum cried daily and she didn't cook for the four days i was away. Knowing that her daughter loves to eat a lot, she only imagined the worst of me starving. I spent my birthday in Dreamworld. I review it as an excellent place to practice photography.




Then again, I have no wish to spend another 1000baht on the theme park where i managed to do very little. I'm game for Krabi though. I prefer the sun, sand and sea.. Ophelia love, let's save up for this trip! Looking forward to tomorrow's BBQ pit. Sue, be there or be square. Cheers..

No comments: