June 8, 2008

BBQ at Changi Beach

Snippets of BBQ at Changi Beach 07062008








Dafer fetched Hiddy and I from school to the BBQ pit. Food from BBQ Wholesale was a lot more than expected. Birthday belle, Shasha didn't get any classmates to join. Ironic as it is, the two other BBQ pits were occupied by her school mates. I love our cake Mum got from The Royals. It looked like an engagement cake. My aunt suggested i wish to get married soon. That is of cos not anywhere near future. Speaking of which, I got to be the first to share someone special's piece of good news. I hear wedding bells ringing.
Shasha enjoyed her 14th celebration especially when Sue turned up with a present for her too. They stayed up all night playing poker and games. Not forgetting, checking out on transvestites. They also managed to finish up most of the food! I came home on my own. I rather indulge in the comfort of my bed, snuggling up with nobody and enjoy aircon.. no thanks to wet grass and hard floors. A preparation for Macroeconomics test on Saturday keeps me occupied. Looking forward to see my beloved Phil who'd be back from Japan soon. I miss my B loads. It's a new start at Bedok branch tomorrow. It fills me with anticipation yet longing for my former colleagues and customers. I mentioned I want to be the sunshine of the new place. Hopefully, I'd get well acquainted with new faces soon.
I visited Batman in TTSH in the evening. My childhood sweetheart is in a really bad condition from the unfortunate car accident. He'd be paralysed. I'm not sure if he is aware of how critical his spinal injury is. When I stood by his side, he called out my name and asked if I'm ok. He claimed he's good. His swollen face makes him feel fat. He can't feel his limbs. My cousin and I joked he is still our handsome hero. His pregnant wife looked tired when we visit. My aunt kept nagging about tattoos on his body and preach about Islamic teachings on our way back. She isn't my favourite auntie for a reason. I do not see why she usually have nasty remarks coming from her. I'd only pray for the best for Batman. I know there'll be emotional and financial burden for him and his family. With a baby on its way in September and their new home almost ready, it'd be a joyous beginning of their married life but it comes with a twist and insyallah they'd get by..

No comments: