January 11, 2009

trailed
































Tree top walk has always been something I'd like to go for. Naturally when my man decides to make my Sunday by bringing me to MacRitchie, I was excited. Even though I knew that I'd be standing all day for the rest of the week. I did check out information websites to get an idea of what I'd expect. I didn't expect rain cos it was bright and sunny like the way I felt. Yet, it drizzled the moment we stepped into the park which looked so serene. That didn't stop us from taking some shots. When it shows that the tree top walk is 11km away, I began laughing awkwardly. I believed there was shorter routes available. Unfortunately, it disappoints me. A family of hungry monkeys welcomed us amidst the walk.



This particular one seems to know that Phil brought bananas. I got pretty uncomfortable with its stares and sounds it made. If it attacks my man I'd probably scream and hit it with my bag. It was just lucky nothing so dramatic happened cos we just quickened our pace and managed to get away from it.. but only to find ourselves meeting the next monkey! This one looked tame. It was nursing its wound rather.






We continued our trail and after walking a fair bit of distance, I began to get annoyed that we were about 1.2km away from the tree top and it was closing in 30minutes. We walked briskly and climbed the stairs up the slope hoping to reach in time. We didn't manage to go onto the tree top. I got upset and refused to talk to Phil when we took the wrong route, like everyone else we met along our way up! We made up over dinner at Central's The Manhattan Fish Market. The slow service and almost-cold serving of food were really in need of complaint which we'd only be too glad to highlight the drastic drop in standard. I accompanied my man to do some quick shopping after dining. Since we have yet to go to the tree top, I still hope to go there another time, perhaps in the morning and equipped with proper footwear and stamina. Of course, bring that good ol' water bottle.

No comments: