January 18, 2009

Twist

As I was dolling myself up to attend a wedding, I heard that Mama and sister were heading downstairs to get something. There I was thinking about the possibility of them to bump into my man who is waiting on the stairway. True enough Phil called to confirm that he just saw my family. Never did it cross my mind that Mama'd invite him over to wait for me at my place!? I was confused cos she was happily being hospitable. The first time I introduced Woon over dinner, I vividly remember the "black face". Since the failed relationship, I told myself never to hurt my parents by getting them so involved with my date. In fact, I shared with Phil about my issues cos to me, being together is to be transparent to self and my man. It was like one of the happiest moments in my life. Mama, if only you know what your blessings meant to me. That's exactly how you made our day. Love, you are lucky you left a good impression enough for Mama to call Daddy to update about having you over,unexpectedly. What touched me most is not only she liked what she saw, she even understood why it took me this long to bring you home.. (then again, she brought you back..not me)

No comments: