January 25, 2009

MEaness

I was late for Saturday's lecture. In fact I missed the first part completely cos I reached school only in time for the 15minutes break. I enjoyed the remaining lecture on 'accumulated depreciation'. Both Hiddy and I actually knew what was being taught and even managed the questions on our own correctly! She must have felt a lil embarrassed when I was giggling happily that I got the answers right, after all they were really simple as we got the hang of it. Wonder if it is cos we were seated in the front row this time?! Lecture finished earlier than we expected. Thus, I got Phil to meet us at TM. My man went for an all-night cycling so he'd quite a bit to update me with. Hiddy part with us after getting her fav pie from PIE KIA. We were introduced to these pies by Noris. Noris didn't make it to year 2, but I'm very sure that's not the end of our friendship. She is very much missed. Hope to catch up with this lovely lass sometime soon.

Phil and I headed to our usual movie haunt in the evening to watch Inkheart. To get our tickets, we were attended by a Filipino Cathay staff. Phil says she is probably new cos that is what trainee means. I chose to think she is dumb rather than blur. It was 6.15pm. Inkheart starts at 7.35pm. We included a combo meal to our order. The trainee prepared the drinks. She placed right in front of me. Phil being the polite one, asked if she get them sent to our seats instead. Our show starts more than a hour later. She nodded but she passed me the food, to complete the combo meal we ordered. Needless to say, I snapped. "Miss, I'm having them WHILE watching the movie which starts at 7.35pm. It's only 6.15pm. Send them to me later." Again, she nodded her head but she asked if I want to come and collect them later. I went "NO. SEND TO ME! D-U-M-B...or something.. " I walked away. I do not want to be too mean. I do not think we are the only troublesome couple who will request for such a complimentary service. If she can mend the counter on her own, I expect that she'd know what to do or how to answer patrons' requests. Figured I'd be hungry, I decided to feed myself before I get mad at other trivial matters. We headed for BBQ Chicken.














Happy faces spending time sitting on pink seats, reading papers in the evening as I went clicking my camera for some pictures to colour my blog. The shared meal was enough to fill my tummy. It was nice since I'd Phil to separate the meat from the drumsticks. Inkheart was just an average watch to me. Before heading home, we met up with a guitar seller at Tampines. Phil is happy with his new instrument and that's all that matters.

No comments: