January 14, 2009

Epiphany not..

I'm taking a day off today. I hardly slept well last night. I was up almost every hour with a chocking cough. Throat screams in pain and it felts as if I was gonna throw up nothing. I did notice my throat was hurting and it felt dry despite my increased intake of water. I shared with HIddy my concerns about my tonsillitis. I'm expecting the usual symptoms to welcome the swelling of my lymph nodes in my throat. Nasal congestion and fever accompanied with abdominal pain visited me indeed.

I thought to myself how my colleagues would hate my absence being it is an extended work day. I gave my manager a call and she could hardly make out what I was saying due to my bad throat. Being in the front line, just how so do I communicate with my customers without my voice? She was left with hardly any choice but allow me to go to the clinic and make do with the shortage of three staffs. I got myself mini tubs of Ben & Jerry's ice-creams for comfort food after seeing the doctor. Ice-cream never fails to make my nagging throat feel better at a faster rate compared to any form of lozenges.





Recently, I lost a colleague in an accident. I went to CGH to visit the body. She was certified brain-dead. I was shocked to see the covered body 'breathing' since the life support is still on. I was informed later that the family wants her to be treated as dead. The machines are sources to keep the organs for donor as she did not opt out for the HOTA. HOTA (Human Organ Transplant Act) refers to the law that covers the removal of any organ from the body of a dead person into the body a living person. A short section also covers transplants between two living persons. In short, it covers transplantation of human organs. Singaporeans are to accept that presumed consent - where organs of the dead can be taken unless prior objection has been made by opting out - is necessary if the legislation is to be used to save as many lives as possible.

The late Mdm Faridah did not look like that someone I knew. Her face swelled beyond my recognition even though she did look at ease. A friend told me to say a prayer but I had a mental block. I do not know how to. It was devastating to know this freak accident occurred right outside her office as she was about to make her way home. As much as everyone loves her, she was called Home and God loves her most. HE has his reasons for everything.

It dawned to me that getting upset with just anyone is so silly. I want to be nicer to everyone else I see. That would include slower and rude customers alike. I no longer see any point in arguing with any moron or idiots just to get the kick of getting even with them. This is no resolution of the year. I will cherish all my loved ones and to start off being nicer, I shall quit throwing tantrums and being angry over petty issues. This is no epiphany, which was suggested by dear friend Nurli. I'm just appreciating life as I grow older. Perhaps I've just come to my senses that life is short but we can live it to its fullest and make it a more meaningful one with kindness and love.

No comments: