November 6, 2009

still the same?

I intentionally missed a number of classes this trimester.I was hardly present for any lecture but KH signed for my absence. I attended my 3rd tutorial on Management Accounting tonight and realised it was the last. I managed to pass my tests despite skipping the classes. It was absolutely madness of trying to understand the concepts at the last minute. I've two weeks to self study for my papers coming up.

I'd been unhappy in school. Hiddy and I aren't as close as before. It irritates me every time I was asked what went wrong between us. I do not have a freaking idea! Just cos we are not seated beside each other and not able to gossip as frequently, something is wrong? However, I do miss confiding in my bestie. Especially now.

I recall how I missed school for almost a month when my relationship with my bestie in Sec 1 changed drastically. I was upset with myself for going on a two-day MC and wondered what caused the drift in our friendship. I do not want to be misunderstood. I hated being abandoned and discriminated. I kept to myself and told mum to allow me miss school. My concerned form tutor called home and counselled me. I went back to school.


I learnt it wasn't my fault at all. Lin wanted to have a sense of belonging to a popular group. I never wanted to be in that clique. I do not want to be yet another school-bitch. I want to be in my own world and remain true to myself. For every failed friendship or r'ship, I've habitually blamed myself. Would I be happier if I stop feeling this much? Just how long can we be around the people we love? That is why we must never take others' sincerity for granted.

No comments: