February 17, 2011

Colmar Tropicale





There was a change in plans so this leave, I went to Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills with Su and Naz instead. Su promised to go travelling with me since we were 16. Only too glad that she'd apply for leave and fulfill that promise. My family were worried but understood that I needed to be away. It has been pretty depressing for three weeks. I told myself to be happier. I deserve to enjoy the holiday with these two girls. I am appreciative that despite knowing I'm not exactly the usual me, they wanted to be there. Their company was awesome and thank God, we'd a wonderful time and it was a safe trip. Thoughts of Phil lingered almost everywhere I went as if he was there with me, sharing my joy.



Day 1

I carried my bulky back pack and got onto the train early. He was on my mind. I don't know why but I hated that feeling. Took the same coach with an Indian family and two other Singaporean individual from Golden Mile. The Indians really pissed us off. After the Tuas check point, theydisappeared for more than 10minutes. They came back as if all of them had to go to the toilet together! After the Malaysian immigration, they disappeared again for toilet. I'm talking about a family of eight. We'd a 25minutes-stop at Yong Peng. We grabbed a quick bite and realized they were in the bus. True enough as it was about time to get back to the coach and continue our journey, they wanted to go to the toilet! ALL of them! I don't know if I'd laugh or cry. I'd only return smiles when they got back to their seats, looking apologetic. Su says they were from ''where the time goes backwards" so that explains. It was a smooth 6-hours ride.

We reached KL Times Square and had to find the 'Five StarsTours' counter beside a 7-11 store. There were two 7-11 stores! The two of them suggested that I'd write in to complain. My forte. A guy came up to us and checked if we were going to Colmar Tropicale. He was the 'counter' which we tried to locate!? It took another hour for him to drive us to our stay. The winding roads and strong wind made me feel as if I was gonna puke. Puking in the morning has been a bad habit. However when I saw the picturesque place, I knew it was worth it! There were a few couples ahead of us checking in. It was Valentine's after all. No doubt such a romantic place'd welcome couples and young families. Our room was better than i imagined. Even the shows in HBO were entertaining. We laughed at the love stories. We did many jump shots. We'd loads of silly moments. It isgood to be somewhere no one knows me. I'm usually that popular.



Day 2

I woke up around 6.50am as if I was going to work. Called mum and heard her sounding sad. I reassured her that I slept well and I was happy. The girls and I got ready for breakfast. We went tothe Japanese Village and Botanical Garden. We met 'Uncle Grunt', a tourist who sounded like a bear! He kept grunting which made us laugh a lot about him. We tried on Japanese costume and it cost us 20RM each for 30 minutes. Some Indonesian girls took pictures with us. Back in our hotel, we had a wonderful swim. Taking pictures in the pool was absolutely crazy and funny. I'd even caught some men checking us out. It started to rain after dinner. We headed back to our room. We watched a Malay show. It was so sad it made us tear. It was funny too cos of the sad expressions on the actor. Even when he is sad, his face had a pasted smile. I went to bed early after crying over a show and the wonderful swim. Some exercise is always good.








Day 3




We were greeted by thick fog outside. Managed to rush out and snap a few good pictures. I suppose that happens cos of the heavy rain at night. The street was empty. I love it! There was a beautiful couple taking wedding pictures. We went for breakfast and took more pictures before checking out. The driver was waiting for us when we got to the lobby. He drove us to Times Square and we took a VIP coach to get back. I watched 'The Killers' and 'New Moon'. My iPod died on me so having movies to watch while on the move beats napping. I don't want to suffer from insomnia when I get home. I miss the tripod, our laughs over jump shots and pillow fights! ❤




The sunset as we leave Malaysia.

No comments: