December 1, 2008

big fat lizard!!

December kicks off with a hectic Monday and at work without my manager! Though there were some hiccups in the office , we managed to resolve them. In the midst of being a busy bee, I get work done and of course managed to sting some customers. That is probably my way to make the battlefield a little enjoyable! I need a battle of wits to argue intelligently with customers without offending them upfront.. let them, slowly realise they have been stung by me!

One man told my colleague that he did ask that lady (me) about his remittance transaction before deciding to queue. When she took the longest time to get that piece of big fat lizard off her counter, he began pointing at me and commented he should have gone directing to the main branch! I smiled at him and said "Sir, you did interrupt me attending my customer just to ask what were the documents required and acknowledging your presence even when you didn't see I was occupied, I mentioned the approval will take some time. Thank you for patience to complete the transfer." He was shocked and muttered "Sorry".

I faced a number of super duper stressed people today. They are humans but they rather be lizards! Oh that is solely my observation, no offence to anyone who recalled on some incidents, they DO go clicking (sounds your house lizards would make..) while waiting in line! Patience and me do not quite fit. If i need to waste my time waiting in line to be served, I rather make appointments!

Shopping is fun but what determines if I'd end up buying is actually the queue to the cashier! I do not want to call myself a lizard. I prefer shopping online for a valid reason. Sure i get my purchases a few days later but i need not snap at other woman, for that piece of clothing i thought i saw first?! Upon its delivery, i have that silly smile every time i unwrap a packet. It's like getting a present on your birthday just that you paid for the item and you can comfort yourself from the damage it does to your wallet by jumping with joy and scream " Yes! I finally get to own you!" That 's a little too much drama but hey we are taking about ME! I'm a drama mama and i believe it's an art to be one. I'm expecting a pretty dress this week. As I type this entry I'm feeling the excitement of filling my wardrobe with yet another piece of find!

No comments: