December 25, 2008

Breaking Dawn



Was out in the afternoon with Hiddy to look for books of the 'Twilight' series at Tampines. We included shopping as part of the agenda too. Hiddy is a vampire when it comes to shopping. Times book store was the initial hope. I was voodoo charmed by its calling. Hiddy burst out laughing at my rather embarrassing yet comical expression when i saw a pictorial on Robert Pattinson, who played a dreamy vampire heartthrob Edward Cullen in possibly the most epic romance since Titanic.

Hiddy actually wanted to watch the movie again today. It reminded me of a familiar someone who mentioned she caught Titanic seven times and she cried in all of them. No prize for getting the right answer, if you're a mutual schoolmate who knows who she is. No, I'm not missing her in any way..

I got a pair of heels to compensate myself for not getting any book. They were sold out. We had a lot of fun laughing at comments we heard about teens loving the vampire story. One store keeper even commented on how crazy the girls are, over either the movie or book.

"Don't these kids know that vampires are not real in this modern world?"
If you ask me, I'm probably infatuated with the idea of becoming Edward's spider monkey.

Phil and I caught Ip Man later in the evening. Basically, it’s about Wing Chun Grandmaster, Ip Man who was Bruce Lee's teacher, a Chinese guy played by Donnie Yen who can punch really, really fast. It was entertaining to watch martial arts minus the additional sound effects from Phil. =p I'm sure my man was enjoying the movie that much. He better not go around making so much noise pretending to be some Bruce Lee.

No comments: