November 25, 2008

Hubby terminated

For the past two days since I'm back at work, there seems to be a change in my working hours. Unofficially and unpaid, I was in the office till 7plus. Reasoned as I have to learn how to manage the office since my manager will be holidaying in Africa next week. Seriously there haven't been anything worth my time. We were just bonding and she came up with A (everyday-it-gets-longer) TO DO LIST. The management gave her a lot of pressure to cut cost so I MUST help her manage her stress level. IF that is the actual purpose so what eh..Powerpuff Yann to the rescue!? We were reminded to stretch our abilities to the max and perform our best. Apparently, due to insufficient manpower, we dealt with even more overheads.
I suggested to take stats and make my branch do without the extended hours which we are paid overtime. Hopefully it works. =P Recession affects everyone. Being in the front line and hearing so much of financial problems from my customers, I feel that stability means so much to me. I really do not wish to be without a job that pays my bills. Talk about retrenchment is no joking matter. What does being employed means to you? To me, it makes sense that people work to earn a living. Quoted by a customer,"You want to live, you work till you die!" Unless you are being provided for, I suppose. Just when we think that times are bad, do count our blessings! I'm sure there will be better times ahead.
I looked through my contacts in the cobwebbed multiply account. I knew everyone except Ahgu Gu. I stared and sweared at our relationship status. "ahgu gu is your husband Singapore , Singapore" How on earth did I even accept his add or not realise our married life in multiply? I do not want to be associated with such a dumb name! I tried to do a change. It shows "Please choose your new relationship. ahgu gu will receive a message describing your change and asking for confirmation. Your change will not take effect in our system unless confirmed." This is crazy. I deleted my account. 'nuff said..

No comments: