March 27, 2011

Google search breach my privacy!

Since my break-up getaway with Naz and Su, we've developed a closer friendship. We are transparent about our thoughts. Especially when it comes to love. Both the girls are attached, coincidentally their partners are in Sydney right now. Naz and her Aussie sweet love are trying to make things work. Like any long-distance relationship, they call, text, Skype and definitely looking forward to seeing each other soon. I share their excitement. Su is in a 'complicated' relationship with this Singaporean who is pursuing his studies there. It's been barely a month but her love issues seem disturbing! She is dating someone insecure. That is a turn-off to me. Thus, I am thankful that I'm not in her shoes. 


Anyway, the three of us decided to author a shared blog. We'd so much fun coming up with the name. It was like celebrating a birth! On a serious note, that was solely me and my exaggerations. The intention was to share private conversations among ourselves. However, I was just informed; Su's bf told her that he read our blog and even left comments. Somehow he googled her name and FB nickname. It wasn't only Blogger but also Twitter. The entries left him disappointed with the way she thinks of him. He felt that she thinks lowly of him. Honestly, Su only told us about him when they got together earlier this month. 


Nothing really negative but I suppose it'd bruise his ego further knowing that his gf hates his indecisiveness and his need for her to be more expressive, big time. Su was getting suffocated by the way he thinks.To me, I find it a lot more attractive when my man makes decisions about his life and share his visions of future while including me in difficult decision-making. I want to be loved by a man and not some boy trying to act grown-up. We are not teenagers anymore. Everyone grows up with expectations so come on, why can't he just see it as he managed to find out more about how she feels and reflect about her comments? See it positively!


Now that he confessed in doing a Google search on Su, it brought me to think of why the need to do so?! Questions I thought of include: Are they too free? Invading others' privacy only to judge? They care so much about the 'search'? I was a victim of such an act. Here's my story on what happened two months back. Someone influential to Phil, made me regret how I carelessly posted some really joyful moments in my own blog. Phil reminded me it was possible to search for anything online. That someone was his pastor. Perhaps she needed to make sure we didn't get back together. Somehow my entries proved we were very much in love even when we were no longer an item. We'd indeed cheated a year of being so close, that hardly any platonic relationship could have been. That is what I call 'our two years official, another year unofficial relationship'. 


I don't know if there are others doing a search on 'Yann Wong'.  Just how you'd do a search for me? I think it'd be easier with keywords like 'Philo Tay' or 'scribblesfun'. I tried and it worked. I absolutely don't think it is necessary though. I mind my own business, speak my mind and color my blog with entries which matter to me at the very moment. I can be very random. I reflect a lot on my past experience so what you see is really about me. I'm the 'girl-next-door' who is mending a broken heart. I can guarantee you that reading my thoughts beats hearing me sob at times when I get depressed or hear me laugh so hard at ridiculous stuffs. If you are my neighbour, you'd probably move out. Too much drama.  ; )

No comments: