March 10, 2011

Puppy love

With such a surname, it wasn't so hard to find him in Facebook. I don't know why it took me this long to do a search though. I must be really bored! Was more convinced that it was him cos of academic background. He was studying an Art subject in NYP back then and the last I heard from him, he was teaching graphic design. I didn't remember how he looked like but in the profile pic, he looked blessed with his new-born. The dimple looks familiar! The excitement of having found Will after ten years.

We used to write to each other a lot. He'd the neatest handwriting for a boy. Just the thought of how I loved seeing the usual postman to deliver my letters puts a silly smile on my face. I think we stopped writing soon after I dated some other boys! I still keep the self-made birthday card for my 18th, self- designed tee shirt and sweetest memories! Our puppy love.




It's still good as new! 10 years and counting.

On a separate note
It was almost 1am. I was trying to sleep but it felt as if I was waiting up. I didn't feel complete. It was like going to bed knowing you haven't brushed your teeth. However, I knew what was bothering me. I was wondering about his absence. Suddenly I thought I heard my phone. I stared at it as if it wasn't supposed to function that way. It was indeed ringing and it wasn't a call from anyone in my phonebook. I still answered it but the caller hung up on me. I didn't return the call. That very instant, I was overwhelmed with sadness and sobbed! I hid in the covers and bit myself as I teared. I didn't want my family to hear me. I was missing him even more so. That call reminded me just how much I miss listening to his voice and it was so painful I didn't feel the bleeding on my arm. God puts me to sleep after all the crying and hurting.

No comments: