August 1, 2008

august

when i received my timetable, i frowned at the change of my night classes. i dread having to resort to resigning. i do not feel for anyone in this branch but i'd a sense of displeasure about having to leave when i went thru all the nonsense just to feel accepted. it's ironic when i thought i might just miss the vicinity of work and home. must have pampered myself with almost two months of home-cooked lunches and that one-hour breaks being able to be at home chatting with Phil, Ophelia and Sue on lucky days when the lovelies happen to be on msn.
although i appear stressed, i know actually there's this part of me which says.. "look at the bright side, Yann.. the only way to get a job is to go for interviews and given the timely opportunity to leave, i need not feel guilty about trying to get a new job while being in one which pays my bills and gave me the financial stability. "
i woke up this morning knowing i have to speak to my manager about my studies issue. i cannot do any overtime anymore at least till November. She'd a little fiery temper when i came into the office. Heard her nagging about staffs... oh what's new? =P
hey ma'am, good morning! early morning, practise vocals? *peeps, i was nervous..* ma'am, can i talk to you? i showed her my timetable and highlighted that the clash of work and school on Wednesdays. i sincerely hope she'd assist me with her kind understanding that i want the job but if it's impossible to excuse me for my academic commitments, i'll have to resign. i'll have to hope i can get a job despite the rise in unemployment. *look pathetically resigned to fate.. *
true to what my god bro says, if you're nice..she'll be nice. she promised to help me thru this trimester.. i smiled with gratitude to all colleagues who forced me to invite them over for a feast during Hari Raya. *hehehe =) no issues on that. Mum's such a great cook.. it'd be time to promote Mum's culinary skills then*
i received two mails which put a few more silly smiles on my face. obviously, not bills. first is a dress Phil got from Studiofrost. my sweet bf went thru impulsive buying or rather, the thrill of so called race against time aka first to deposit $ to fulfil the online transaction will close the sale. the second mail is from Mongolia. That is from my sponsored child. She looks really cute and boyish. Mum was teasing me how my daughter takes after me... bleah...
it'd been a lovely day for me. August is expected to be a busy period but i hope while being occupied, i'd be having tons of fun! exams are over it's time to party full month.. =P oh yea! Light Angel, since i do not get any NDP tickets yet, i got tickets for THE SINGAPORE FIREWORKS CELEBRATION 2008 .. all in the name of " damn that stupid tree, why is it in EVERY freaking picture i took?! " Ophelia'd know what i mean cos we went thru the agony last year while trying to capture the night beauty of colourful sparkles..

No comments: