August 3, 2008

wait

Went to NATAS travel fair at EXPO with Phil in the evening before he rushes to play soccer with friends. The hour went past really quickly with lots of holiday brouchers and freebies to entice the crowd. There were interesting performances and i'd say the hormones-raging teens welcome Korean singer/actor Lee An as if they were there solely for him. =P Many were seriously making holiday plans. I'd fun people-watch and spending time with Phil. Kids had fun too at the playgrounds while parents burn their money, in the name of spending quality time overseas.

The fair had plenty of bargains especially catered for credit card owners. Was there a discrimination here that i may have misinterpreted? Even entry of $3'd a $1 discount and you can hear " Pay by MasterCard; cheaper and faster..." I personally would not charge $4 for our entries. Besides we didn't fall for their so called faster option. How is it possible that charging to the Card'd be faster? Under my silent observation, it wasn't the method of paying by credit, they'd more counters! It took less than a minute to get two "entry wristbands" and "complimentary" reusable bags. It wasn't as crowded as any IT shows i been to.

Perhaps I was more of being part of the crowd, armed with my act-busy bf. Deal or no deal, we didn't make any booking. Ended up with carrying a bolster back home, courtesy of Phil who probably think it's pathetic to sleep without hugging one. =p



I'm in the shopping mood. I want to get the latest MP3 player by Creative, Zen Moziac. I want the pink one which screams wait, coming soon! The new phone by Samsung or HTC looks sophisticated.. tempting me to grab. No impulsive buying, Yann..repent!

No comments: