April 24, 2009

scrooge

man:you.. (points his finger at me)
me:(moves away from his rude pointing) you have a qns?
man:how much is the postage?
me:26cents will do.
man:huh? how do I pay that amount?
me:as it is, 1cent is still legal tender.
man:so if I pay you 30cents, what do I do with the 4cents?
me:there's a donation box. you'd deposit the change in it.
man:all my life, I NEVER DONATE!
me:that is just a suggestion of cos. It's alright Mr (Scrooge). You pay me 25cents. I'll donate 1cent to you.
man:good good.
me:It's not my first time making such desecration. You may stop pointing your finger in case it gets broken the next moment.. hahahaha
man:oh err sorry miss.

My customer after him was amazed how I handled the rude man. He told me he thought I'd really give that scrooge the change and see what will happen. He was also ready to come into our conversation. As much as I appreciated his initiative, I shared that it is not an isolated case and this job indeed put me thru tests of patience.

There was technical failure of 2hours and it was a day infested with grumpy customers complaining about just anything. I was so hungry when we knocked off. My BM commented that I probably had wasted a whole lot of energy dealing with today's difficult customers. I ended up cleaning the office cos I was starving and couldn't head home for dinner that soon. It was my way to distract myself . The best part when I got home, my mum assumed I'd be out for dinner and she didn't cook. Oh man.. what a day!
*I was well-fed at the point of blogging this entry o.O"

No comments: