February 18, 2009

work woes

Time check: Wednesday 8.10pm. Three barking strays outside the office were shouting for attention. Busy me failed to master the art of being oblivious towards the banging of the door and shouting of three women demanding that it's not yet 8pm. I was already drained from madness of extended working hours. I went up to the bitches and tried to reason that we were closed for the day. They made it seem there wasn't gonna be a tomorrow. I refused to argue with idiots so I opened the door. All the transactions they did weren't of any urgency. In fact, they'd alternatives to get trivial transactions done. Morons won't understand that. No point getting mad with them, I reminded myself. I did my closing and after which I'd to do the other three closings for invisible staffs. My branch is short of manpower. Then again, why does it always have to be yours truly doing almost anything and everything while I hear the shutting of the back door as my other colleagues made their exit home. Is being oblivious, an art of not having to do extras? Since my transfer in June, I cannot quite fathom how my colleagues usually seem to care solely for themselves. Perhaps it's culture shock for me to witness the vast difference among the two branches I served.

No comments: