February 1, 2009

RenRi



Today marks the seventh day, traditionally known as renri 人日, the common man's birthday, the day when everyone grows one year older, which coincides with my sister's actual Lunar birthday. It is the day when tossed raw fish salad, yusheng is eaten. People get together to toss the colourful salad and make wishes for continued wealth and prosperity. We headed to a nearby Thai Chinese Food Restaurant, Segar. Dad ordered yusheng for starters. The lady who took our order is probably a Star Awardee for Service. She was either usually so attentive or she was amused by my family. We heard her saying "orang cina bukan cina" a few times in her conversation with her colleagues. She was even answering questions I asked among my family members. She was obviously observing us. My mum looked the cutest trying to toss the yusheng using chopsticks. She laughed happily and gamely pose some shots I took using my camera phone. It was just a simple dinner to celebrate. It has been quite a while since we dine out together. I definitely enjoyed myself learning more about Chinese culture and how to use the chopsticks proper.














PS:Stop drooling.. =P

No comments: