May 18, 2008

stress manageable

Hiddy asked what was the earlier entry about. I smiled and started sharing. I suppose she understood the random input. It was an outlet to illustrate my bundle of emotions which Phil concluded that someone was screaming for help. I didn't realise he got the guts to call his girlfriend someone.. =P Of late, I'm indeed trying hard to manage stress. I've been angry for unidentified reasons.

Work put a strain in my life. My present branch is extending its opening hours to weekends. As I'm typing, I begin to lament about my off day which is ten days later. It made accommodating to my classes hard. I have developed a disgusted feel about disturbing colleagues to swap duties AKA 'begging'. My married colleagues usually turn me down for obvious reasons like who cares about the night allowance, they'd rather have dinner with their families! I understand their priorities and never expected them to be obliging in their inconvenience. I do not want any sorry. They don't owe me any apologies. I'd love to be in Bedok branch which i was promised, APPROVED. As my transfer is only effective on 1st June, I've to deal with managing my work and school commitments till then. No news about bonus yet. That spells boring and happy waiting!

I'm actively submitting job applications. I realise I'd attend interviews only when I'm really interested. I determine my employer and definitely will be an asset to my choice. The other day, a recruitment officer called saying he went through my resume and would like to invite me for an interview. I never turn up.

He was a joker who sounded surprised i speak Mandarin. Asked me how long I speak Mandarin when i mentioned my language proficiency in my resume. Obviously, he did not read thoroughly! I gave him a reply as funny as his question.
"Hmm i don't know if my first word is in Mandarin, Malay or English ley how to answer you hor? Need to test how effectively trilingual i am meh"

Another company which I also rejected is because of the one who called to verify my particulars. The guy is so-over-the-top-typically-Singaporean Ah Pek complete with Singlish!
Ah pek after my confirmation of date of birth: oh no wonder you sound so young!
me being me: hehehe I also guess you are very old already. uncle, can retire right? i take over your position lar...
*hang up and laugh till my face turns red..I was really having a blast and even my colleagues who do not know what happened, join in laughing. That by the way, has always been quite a norm.*

No comments: