June 19, 2011

My best friend's wedding

It was my bestie, Hiddy's wedding dinner reception at Changi Village Hotel last night. It was a cosy affair, the way Hiddy wants it to be. Su was my partner for the joyous occasion. I decided against asking any random guy to be my date. Looking at the turn-out, people really need to understand the meaning of RSVP. We were seated at the only Muslim table as the beautiful pair and it felt really VIP! We were also introduced to the wonderful chef who specially prepared and came up with the menu. Took some snaps of my servings for the night. My Canon S90 has been throwing its tantrums but I insisted that I'd still capture yummy moments. I'm looking for a new eye-candy digicam for easy carry and good zoom functions with useful scenes options. I can't be carrying my DSLR to a wedding reception in my LV Monogram Rhapsodie PM?! Hmm..birthday presents, anyone?! ; )

They were playing pictures of the couple's wedding photo shoots and cute pictures of them when they were younger and single. I noticed Hiddy's mother tearing. Her sweetheart is all grown up and married to a man of her dreams. I supposed it is still an emotional affair for her. Hiddy had her traditional Malay wedding last Saturday which I didn't manage to attend. Saw some of the photos from the lunch reception being shown on the projector. Mr and Mrs Chong looked great in their tradition Malay outfits. May they be blessed with marital bliss! I guess inter-racial weddings are usually more interesting. The hassle of planning two receptions is no joke. I'd think if only I can afford the costs, then go ahead with both. If not, I'd skip the posh and have an intimate affair with close friends and immediate families who really have a part in our lives. I don't need a beautiful event which lasts barely a few hours of fame. I believe in love. I prefer a beautiful marriage. 

Stars for the night, Mr and Mrs Chong


For starters


Tasty soup


The spicy sambal is perfect for the crispy fish 


1/4 portion of Briyani was way too filling.


Completing the course


Wine and dine  


For you are my twin bestie.. hawt us!


The just too pretty bouquet of roses on loan

No comments: