January 10, 2010

weekie

The start of 2010 proved hectic. The queue at work only grew longer each day. I'm back in school. The new class for this trimester is concentrated on PBL. What seems comforting to me is Hiddy is in my project group. Initially we wanted to form a group with folks from our new classmates. It turns out that not many were even considering to move out of their comfort zone so it is back to my former team with Hiddy and Kurt as our newbies. I'm hopeful the two projects turn out well.

Philo and I visited the museum last Sunday. I enjoyed student perks to watch the exhibition 'Quest for immortality' for free. Although non-flash photography is allowed for this exhibition, instead of being pre-occupied with taking photographs of the various artefacts, we should see and learn more by taking time to view the various exhibits. I would like to visit this exhibition again with the intention of attending one of the guided tours that will also be a great help to give a deeper understanding of the ancient Egyptian's attitudes to life and afterlife.

There is an activity section in this exhibition where we can write names using hieroglyphs, which was used in written communication during the Old and Middle Egyptian eras. We can also play a few ancient Egyptian indoor games. We had wanted to attend one of the Curator's Tours, only to find that all the tickets have been sold out!

EYGPT

QUEST

PHILO

I had to return my book at the library where I saw my bro who asked about my relationship with Philo. He commented on why I keep breaking up and even advised me to stop dating guys from the same criteria. He assumed the men I fell in love with, were all fairer than me and 'sepets'. l wasn't being racist. I dated around when I was younger. Now that I've grown conscious of having to find someone to settle down with, it felt that loving someone seems so transactional with a motive. Bro jokingly suggested I'd try my luck at Darul Arqam! Apparently, I loved in vain cos of different faiths. Perhaps truth hurts but just live it!

No comments: