October 15, 2009

botanic love affair

Photobucket

Phil and I visited the Botanical Gardens today. Despite having to find me in the drizzle, he wasn't angry that I was late again and even got off at the different entrance. We'd a yummy brunch at Casa Verde. Phil is inspired to return for the weekday promotional 1-for-1 takeaway pizzas.

Photobucket

Walks were enjoyable especially cos it was after the drizzle, thus it wasn't too warm for us to cam whore and explore this tourist attraction. I remember Phil telling me that he felt as if we were not in Singapore while enjoying the beautiful horticulture in the garden.

Photobucket

We checked out The Evolution Garden which tells the amazing story of how plants gave us life, and how, long before we humans arrived, they started to evolve into the myriad complex life forms that we see today. It was a journey through time from ancient times.through the planet of dinosaurs, and into the modern world of many different flowering plants we enjoy today.

Photobucket

Phil was so happy he found a power source to charge his Mac Book. We sat down to eat the briyani I brought. Not too picnic-like a date for us. =p I had loads of fun nevertheless. Our love for aircon was clear as we fooled around happily when we are in The Cool House which encloses a montane tropical forest. Trees and rocks are draped with a profusion of spectacular orchids and carnivorous plants. The cool air, drifting mist and rushing torrent provide a highly realistic representation of high elevation sites in the tropics and we absolutely love this!

Photobucket

I paid $1 for the admission fee to The National Orchid Garden cos I'm a student. $5 for Phil's adult ticket. No matter how old the student is, so long a metric card is produced! I'd even more cam whoring cos Phil was my obliging photographer. He probably thought he is snapping pictures of a stray monkey though cos I was running around one moment and posing for the snaps, the next.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also visited the Library of Botany and Horticulture. It is just so peaceful and I was happy to be quiet. Phil was happier than me it seems. It wasn't cos I finally kept my volume down.. =p he found another power source! This man is definitely dating not just me, but his new love, Mac! Once I excused myself to go to the little girls room and when I got back, I found my man grinning at the YouTube videos! Then again, I fell in love with that happy face..oh well..

Photobucket

Photobucket

We enjoyed beautifully painted art pieces in an exhibition showcase. Before heading back, we fed fishes. It was fun feeding the hungry new found friends. It was their favourite food after all. Vividly, I remember a couple taking their wedding photos, an elderly couple holding hands on the bench and a bunch of friends celebrating a girl's 18Th birthday. People come here with happy tots, I suppose. For myself, I came here with happy tots to spend an afternoon with the love of my life. I definitely did.

Photobucket

Thank you B for taking time to be with me.

No comments: