August 3, 2012

The end

I tendered my resignation last July 2nd. Something I never thought I'd do anytime soon, despite being desperate to break away from my employer of 140 months. I discussed with my loved ones and included my caring best friends in this BIG decision making process. The tension I felt at work didn't make me feel any better. I kept encouraging myself to ignore the negative vibes but I couldn't deny the fact that it was extremely draining. I had enough! After a tearful lunch break with my parents. I went up to my manager to pass her my letter.

After I submitted the resignation letter, I felt more at ease. I wasn't expecting the relationship between my manager and I to improve.. but it became worse! She treated me like an invisible soul. Ironic when I was still her assistant. I was deeply hurt by her lack of professionalism and began counting down the days to stop being colleagues. I was happier somehow. I received numerous compliments. Once, a customer did a comparison between me and my manager. She preferred me to attend to her issues cos I was patient and very attentive. As days went by, I started to worry about being unemployed.


Thank God, I was offered employment as a branch supervisor in a beauty industry before I left the company. I requested to start on 27th Aug.. and my new employer is willing to allow that. I am thankful for HIS blessings. I am praying for a fruitful start. Sure hopes it is a wise decision. For now, I shall enjoy my break from work commitments.

No comments: