July 20, 2009

eye eye Monday

I woke up wondering how short the night's sleep was and it's a Monday already!? The weekend was over even before I'd say 2hrs plus of Harry Porter was such a disappointment. Texted Phil to make sure he's up for school as it starts for him today and knowing my man's sleeping habits, I'd to double make sure he is really up and out for the 8am class.

I began to realise that my left eye stings. In the bathroom, I almost screamed at my reflection. Red and swollen left eye scared me even more when I noticed something like torn lens in the whites. I tried to wash it off unsuccessfully. Panic kicked in. Headed for the doc and enjoyed a day's worth of medical leave. I thought I'd hate this Monday. I probably only dislike it for spending quite a bit on taxi fares, grocery shopping, medical bills and a new pair of spectacles. Intended to study for my exams but rested the eyes by napping.

Exams are right up in two weeks. I only have two papers to deal with this time which I find, rather comforting. Business Finance and Stats will keep me occupied with the calculator. I prefer Stats cos I usually manage to attend the lessons and the tutor kept me interested in this subject. BF on the other hand, is my least fav. I even received a warning letter for my poor attendance. Due to work commitments, I'm usually lost in this subject. We had two tests on BF and I didn't get really terrible results which made me sad. Despite my average knowledge, I believe I'd improve and clear these papers. I call this, 'motivation is a friend of hope'.

No comments: