April 3, 2011

absence

My manager is away in China and I am covering her duties for the last time next week. I just had a call that a colleague is not coming to work cos of swollen lip. She will be seeing the doc tomorrow. I wonder why she will not see one today. She claims that she'd want me to be prepared for shortage of manpower. Oh well, I'd really learn to appreciate such well intentions. God, please keep me sane. Challenges are good but do keep them away for now, at least. Joy's growing. I need space.


On a different side note, my feet hurts and I thought of my hippo ride. B used to volunteer to carry me when my feet hurts from putting on heels. Also, I miss the good ol' days going marketing with him. There I was picking up groceries in the evening and having him on my mind. Weekends without him are just different. The heart misses himso much, it influences the mind. Absence.




No comments: